The purpose of this website is to provide information about Los Angeles' Single-Use Carryout Bag Ordinance and its environmental benefits.
On January 1, 2014
- Large Grocery stores and markets, among others, will no longer offer free plastic carryout bags to customers.
- Recyclable paper bags may be offered at a cost of $0.10 per bag.
- Bring your own reusable bag to carry out groceries. It is a small inconvenience for a cleaner and healthier environment!
- Click on tabs on this page to learn more about the Ordinance and/or get your questions answered.
- Click on the BENEFITS tab to learn more about why the Ordinance was passed. View some powerful videos!
- Post photos of yourself or your friends with your re-usable bags for a chance to win a gift card!
- Click on the L.A. Sanitation tab to connect with your City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Sanitation.
- Click on the L.A. City tab to connect with your City of Los Angeles.
- Remember that on July 1, 2014, smaller retailers that are also affected by the Ordinance will no longer offer single use carryout plastic bags to consumers.
Most Recent Uploads:
September 9, 2013
I love doing my part for the environment and not throwing away countless plastic grocery bags!